System Support Administrator
Beacon Promotions, Inc., a leader in the promotional products industry, has a great opportunity for someone to join our IT Department as a Systems Support Administrator. This person will be required to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities, but most importantly can be a great addition to the growing team at Beacon. Candidates with experience supporting NetSuite, MFILES, Infor Visual or any ERP system are highly desired and encouraged to apply.
Purpose of Role:
The System Support Administrator (SSA) will provide technical support to all of Beacon’s end users which may include the following: troubleshooting IT related issues (computer, printers, network, fax, software, etc.), build, move and set up new workstations and phone, purchase toner\IT equipment, install software applications and updates, assist end users/managers with the development or creation of reports, etc.
The SSA will initially be trained to support Beacon’s current operational systems including but not limited to MFiles and Infor Visual. S\he will also be a part of an enterprise wide NetSuite ERP system implementation project and will work with users, department managers, members of the Information Technology department and consultants. This person will be responsible for the completion of tasks or projects assigned which may include collection of data, system configuration, data import, creation of test cases, executing test cases, creation of process workflows, provide end user training and other tasks assigned. The SSA will need to understand department’s business needs and translate them to system requirements, ensure test cases are mapped to requirements document and verify all system functionality is tested. Learn and provide support on the new NetSuite ERP system including: configuration, testing and maintenance. Candidates with experience in programming will be assigned customization projects on an as needed basis. May be asked to develop and maintain web services integration according to defined XML WSDL with Beacon’s business partners.
- Pro-actively communicate, collaborate and build relationships with business users, IT development and support teams
- Manage project assignment to successful completion with limited direction and within assigned deadlines
- Provide reliable and informative project status to supervisors and business users
- Develop and monitor project plans to track and project results
- Proactively identify, document and resolve issues
- Lead cross-functional work groups to identify and document detailed requirements, work flow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications
- Evaluate user requirements and implement working solutions through system design, analysis, testing, training, and documentation
- Apply technical and business knowledge in the analysis of user requirements.
- Determine short and long-term solutions to resolve businesses process and technology issues
- Perform post deployment evaluation to determine necessary adjustments and enhancement
- Liaison with business users and development to resolve issues that arise during development
- Liaison with development and support teams to transfer/communicate business requirements
- Influence the decision making process by effectively presenting concepts and project overviews to vendors, technologist, and local management
- Deliver documented business requirements in enough detail for the development team to be able to construct solution with minimal interaction with business users
- Ability to read, digest and communicate complex subject matter to all levels and to influence personnel to accomplish the business purpose
- Setup and configure new workstations, printers and other IT related devices
- Troubleshoot end user computer issues: software or hardware
- Develop training documents and provide end user training on NetSuite
- Exceptional presentation and client relation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of troubleshooting workstation issues: OS, virus, hardware and software issues
- Ability to install and configure Windows Operating Systems, image hard-drive using ghost
- Ability to present technical knowledge in a simplified understandable manner
- Experience with troubleshooting end user computer and printer issues
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience supporting an ERP system.
- Knowledge of business operations sales to cash process, accounting\finance, sales & marketing, manufacturing and warehousing
- Knowledge of computer network concepts (LANS, WANS, Subnetting)
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience supporting NetSuite (Suiteflow (workflow), SuiteScript, Custom Records, Forms, Reports, Saved Searches, Dashboard, etc.)
- Experience supporting MFiles or Infor Visual
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.